Jul 1, 2003 5:25am
A little bit country...
Trying to informally catalog the country/alt-country/bluegrass shows here and have come up with the following:
1) Back Porch Ramblers
2) Barefoot Manner
3) Bela Fleck (sometimes)
4) Acoustic Syndicate (sometimes)
5) Big Smith
6) Blueground Undergrass (on rare occasions)
7) Borrowed Angels
8) Cast Iron Filter (although the jury may still be out)
9) Cowboy Junkies
10) Del McCoury Band
11) Glen Phillips & Nickel Creek
12) John Cowan
13) Leftover Salmon (on rare ocassions)
14) Little Feat
15) New Riders of the Purple Sage
16) Railroad Earth (not entirely sure)
17) Steep Canyon Rangers
18) The Codetalkers
19) Yonder Mountain String Band (more often than not).
Any other alt-country bands/country/bluegrass performers archived here that I may have overlooked or that anyone would recommend?
In light of the above list, any acoustic folkie types anyone would recommend?
This post was modified by Tribe on 2003-07-01 12:25:50